Group Medical Insurance

Penn State’s Student Insurance Office is responsible for administering the following health insurance plans for Penn State students:

The Graduate Assistant and Graduate Fellow Health Insurance, which is available as a benefit to Graduate Assistants and Graduate Fellows;

The Penn State Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan, which is available to undergraduate and graduate students who have no health insurance coverage, who need supplemental insurance because their current plan does not provide adequate coverage while they are at Penn State, or who are international students and must comply with Penn State’s Mandatory Health Insurance Requirement.

All Graduate Assistants and Fellows will be automatically enrolled in the Penn State Graduate Assistant/Fellow Plan (MEGA) but can elect to decline this coverage by completing a declination form and submitting it to the Student Insurance Office at the beginning of fall semester.

Effective Fall Semester 1990, newly enrolled international students, their spouses and children are required to have health insurance that meets certain criteria established by the University Student Insurance Committee. These students must show proof of health insurance at the Student Insurance Office, or they may purchase the Penn State Plan.

Questions about student insurance should be directed to the Student Insurance Office, 208 Boucke Building, 865-7467.