The Great Insect Fair
Saturday, September 13th, 2014, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Bryce Jordan Center, Penn State University
Admission to the fair is FREE, but donations are accepted and greatly appreciated!
- Build-A-Bug Contest: Bring your homemade insect for judging and prizes
- Moth & Butterfly Tent
- IPM/Pesticide Safety Putt Putt
- Cockroach Races!
- Honey Tasting
- Bee Observation Hives
- What Is in a Beehive?
- The Insect Deli
- Insect Zoo: Live exhibits of many insects!
- Bug Collectors and Collections
- The BugMobile Talking Car
- The Bug Doctor Is In! Ask your pest questions
- The Insect Construction Co.: Arts and crafts
- Face Painting and Games
- Vendors selling a variety of insect arts and crafts, books, and T-shirts
Do we have food, you may wonder? You bet! Hungry folks at the previous Insect Fairs had the option of stopping by the Insect Deli to sample Wax Moth Larvae on Baba Ganoush (eggplant/tahini dip), Garlicy Red Bell Pepper Dip with Pita Bread, Potato/Rosemary Frittata enhanced with Meal Worms or the always popular "Chocolate Chirpies" (chocolate-covered crickets). Previous years have offered such tasty treats as fresh Vietnamese eggrolls with meal worms, barbecued vegetables and wax moth larvae, Meal Worm Roll-ups: Smoky Black Bean/Cream Cheese and Asian Pear, or meal worm bruschetta.
For the less adventurous, a food stand will be available with hamburgers, hotdogs, drinks, and ice cream!
For more information, contact the Department of Entomology, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Entomology
The Pennsylvania State University
501 ASI Building
University Park, PA 16802