All graduate students at Penn State are issued Access Accounts at the beginning of their graduate studies. An Access Account is a user ID and password that enables Penn State students personnel to use the full range of Internet services on or off campus, at computer labs or on personal computers.
- Most of the department’s communications are by email.
- Penn State people can also use WebMail, a relatively new web-based e-mail
program that provides users with anytime, anywhere access to their Penn State
e-mail from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Authentication to and e-mail storage in WebMail are made possible via your
Penn State Access Account userid and password.
- Your e-mail is stored in your Penn State Access Account
Storage Space (PASS). The easy-to-use interface lets you create and organize
mailboxes, access directory services, create and add personalized signatures,
and change a variety of settings
- After your Access Account has been created you will be added to the
appropriate departmental listservs. As a student, you will be automatically
added to the student listserv. If your office is in ASI Building, you will be
added to that listserv as well. Students having offices at the CEL will be added
to that listserv, however note the list is still named the former building name,
PRL. Below are the departmental listservs.
- The College uses our EntDept list on their college-wide listserv so you will
receive mail sent to the college as well.