Note of Caution When Using a Web Site Mentioned in these Newsletters
Please remember that pest control suggestions to suppress insect and mite pests will vary between states and countries. Likewise pest control suppression strategies and timing also will vary. Always contact your local county extension office or department of agriculture to acquire the most current pest control suggestions.
- The development and appearance of pests will vary, depending upon your location. The treatment times discussed in this course are based on the best information we have at the writing of this course, but these times can vary from year to year. It is imperative that you monitor pest activity each year.
- In addition, these materials contain pesticide suggestions that are subject to change at any time. These suggestions, when given, are provided only as a guide. Due to constantly changing labels and product registrations, some of the suggestions given in this Web site may no longer be legal by the time you read them. Not all products have been evaluated for each pest listed. If any information in these suggestions disagrees with the label, the suggestion must be disregarded. The user of this information assumes all risks for personal injury or property damage.
- The authors and the Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences and The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture assume no liability resulting from the use of these pest control suggestions. It is always the pesticide applicator's responsibility, by law, to read and follow current label directions for the specific pesticide being used.
- Where trade names are used, no discrimination is intended and no endorsement by The Pennsylvania State University and The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture is implied. Every attempt is made to produce information that is complete, timely, and accurate, the pesticide user bears the responsibility of consulting the pesticide label and adhering to those directions.
- Pest control suggestions vary between states and countries. Listed links may include pest control suggestions which may no longer be registered for use or labeled for your individual state or country. Always check with your local county extension office, department of agriculture office, or state extension specialist to acquire the most current pest control suggestions. Also, always refer to current product labels for specific information.
Where trade names appear, no discrimination is intended, and no endorsement by the Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences is implied.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, admission, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by University policy or by state or federal authorities. It is the policy of the University to maintain an academic and work environment free of discrimination, including harassment. The Pennsylvania State University prohibits discrimination and harassment against any person because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Discrimination or harassment against faculty, staff, or students will not be tolerated at The Pennsylvania State University. Direct all inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policy to the Affirmative Action Director, The Pennsylvania State University, 328 Boucke Building, University Park, PA 16802-5901; Tel 814-865-4700/V, 814-863-1150/TTY.